Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
"Diversity may be the hardest thing for a society to live with, and perhaps the most dangerous thing for a society to be without." - William Sloane Coffin
Success in business takes hard work and real skill. To ensure everyone in your company can realise their potential at every stage of their career, we work with individuals, teams and whole departments to develop the skills they need, from engaging with people they are responsible for to negotiating major contracts. To do this, we design customised programmes to improve the way people communicate, manage and lead across your entire business.
At Serenity in Leadership, we:
- Help create responsible, resilient workplaces that actively embrace inclusion, diversity and equality.
- Respond to current trends but in the context of the system as a whole - just now this applies to the focus on BLM.
- Design and run online courses on race, power, privilege, diversity, culture change, bullying.
- Work with the data to create interventions which address the specific needs for change.
- Focus on inclusive leadership. We help leadership see the clear findings that diversity matters, and positively affects the bottom line.
What is a responsible workplace?
A responsible workplace stems from responsible power: when employees and employers reflect on and take responsibility for the impact of their decisions on others.
- We believe that responsible power is the cornerstone of business success.
- For employers, a responsible workplace encourages compassionate leadership and accountability.
- For employees, a responsible workplace fosters psychological safety, risk taking and self-expression.
- For the organisation’s culture, a responsible workplace builds trust and collaboration and welcomes diversity in its people.
Our passion for responsible power has led us to support the role of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. As a result, all our solutions take into account these factors to ensure you reap the considerable rewards of a more enlightened organisation.
How can we help?
We will help you to foster a diverse work environment. One that favours actual change and progress over box-ticking and filling quotas. We guide you on how to create an inclusive environment, such that people can bring their opinions to the table and have space to express healthy dissent.
Recent surveys have shown 80% of people across organisations think D&I is important and more should be done. However, the ability to get regular work done is so demanding there’s rarely time or attention placed on D&I, showing people’s willingness for change isn’t enough. The system just isn’t built for collaborative change – proper guidance is needed.
Many businesses have an action bias. They want to fix the problem, and to have seen the results ‘yesterday’. Telling leaders to slow down and listen can be uncomfortable, because it requires presence and vulnerability, but it is often absolutely necessary.
“Before I worked with Thom, I saw change as a challenge. Today, I think it’s an opportunity.”
There is a misconception that D&I only benefits those in minority groups. In fact studies have shown time and time again that D&I makes teams more productive and more efficient. So when managers believe that getting involved in D&I won’t help them and their business, in fact the opposite is true.
“The mists are beginning to clear, and I am at last seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.”
We offer a bespoke service designed to introduce change at a systemic level. Our holistic approach is tried and proven resulting in mutual respect and a culture of inclusion that benefits everyone. Our goal is to give you tangible actionable skills to have the conversation and implement change.
- Creates a common purpose for everyone to pursue
- Clear communication channels are established, maintained and used
- Equips managers and leaders with vital skills needed to perform at their best
- Strong communication enhances everything from winning new business to employee relations
- Increases employee engagement
- Improves self-awareness of managers and leaders
- Creates a safe environment in which individuals can express themselves
We've partnered with InChorus to help you measure and resolve incidents of bias so that you can grow an inclusive organisation.download the pdf