Leadership Development Consultants
At Serenity in Leadership, we pride ourselves on helping organizations create transformational leadership through our customised leadership development programmes.
What is leadership coaching and how is it beneficial?
Professionals at the top of their field, be they a world-class quarterback, a concert pianist or a tennis champion, all use a coach to stay as sharp as possible. The same is true for business leaders – all the best have someone who listens to them, challenges them, helps them view their issues from a different perspective, and shows them how to rise above their blind spots.
Leadership development is a crucial investment for every business. Our coaching caters to the specific needs of a company or individual, supporting leaders in everything from personal development, company culture, crisis management, team development, equity, diversity and inclusion, navigating change and team productivity. The leadership development programmes we create help companies achieve lasting solutions.
How our leadership coaching will support your business
The need for organizations to have exceptional leadership has never been more crucial. Leaders today have to navigate in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) world where the expectations of a leader have vastly changed. Employees now expect leaders and companies to have an authentic leadership style that supports and demonstrates workplace equality and good employee wellbeing.
We believe great leadership begins with personal development for all leadership team members. At Serenity, we focus on putting people at the heart of every business. Our coaching ensures everyone on a team can harness their potential to achieve long-lasting, strong results.
To help CEOs and other senior executives continue to perform at their best, we work through issues and challenges on a one-to-one basis to enable them to find their own way forward. We adapt our consulting style and approach to suit the executive’s own personality and goals, and the specific day-to-day business decisions they face.
Leadership can be defined as a set of skills that when practised well, create the willingness in others to follow, even when it's into uncertainty or perceived danger. People and society have changed a great deal in the last few years and the attributes of leadership that worked well, say 10 years ago, are not those that will work best today. We understand how things have changed; our coaching ensures you and your business are provided with indispensable expertise that is needed for the future.
When we meet people, they already have pre-existing behavioural patterns. The challenge is to get them to shift from one set of subconsciously operated patterns and habits to a new and more effective set. We help leaders:
• Cope effectively with volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity (commonly known as VUCA)
• Develop conflict resolution strategies
• Acquire greater resilience and guide them to respond more effectively to adopt new ways of responding
For people to change, transform and grow into more effective responses to threat and discomfort in general, it isn't enough for them to be told what highly effective responses look like. We have to:
• Change the way they assess a perceived threat
• Provide them with new deep response skills to discomfort, and
• Guide them through an unlearning and relearning process
Our leadership strategy
Whether you are after executive coaching, team or whole department training, our culture change consultants will work to drive change in your company that will develop a permanent, real impact. We take an evidence-based approach to helping leaders gain the capabilities required for today and the future.
Our CEO, Thom Dennis, has 29 years’ experience working with small to global organisations, improving their business performance and leadership capabilities through cutting edge leadership development training and change strategy. We believe the best leaders achieve results by being inspiring, passionate, accountable, authentic, decisive and trailblazing.
The different leadership development coaching we offer
We say one has good leadership skills, as opposed to leadership gifts, because the fundamentals of good leadership are based in hard, tangible skills that anyone is capable of learning. For transformational leadership, our training programmes include:
When we did research for publication The People Space, on issues keeping CEOs awake at night, we found many CEOs and leaders were struggling with a fear of failure and stress caused by pressures such as logistics, competition, climate change, diversity, sustainability and social standards, and the overall chaos stemming from the unknown. Our executive coaching on a one-to-one basis teaches leaders how to cope and handle these types of corporate pressures.
Whether your business is in the financial sector or the public, our diverse team at Serenity in Leadership would love to partner with you in developing a new culture of leadership at your business.
“Following the coaching sessions I changed the way I worked with others, taking more of a mentoring role rather than just accepting everyone’s problems and trying to solve them. The coaching sessions had a great impact.”
To ensure everyone in your company can realise their potential at every stage of their career, we work with individuals, teams and whole departments to develop the skills they need. To do this, we design customised leadership development training that will improve the way people communicate, manage and lead across your entire business.
“Group coaching with the senior managers of the organisation has resulted in improved performance in areas such as negotiation skills and decision making. These sessions have also contributed substantially to a cohesiveness of that team not previously enjoyed.”
For us to support your team, we would look at integrating our leadership development programmes with existing frameworks, goals, values and company objectives. To do this, we would spend time working with you to tailor an impactful virtual programme that works with your business needs and structures. Our coaching supports both offices and virtual work environments.
While we create customised development solutions for your business, there are in fact some themes that most businesses want their leaders to be developing. These may form a five-session intervention that typically contains the following:
• The Power of Purpose. Work gives people the opportunity to fulfil their potential and people are more likely to give more of themselves when they see how their work contributes to something bigger than themselves. Leaders who are able to not only connect to the purpose but help others see how their work contributes to making a difference are more likely to gain buy-in, particularly when faced with very challenging tasks.
• Inspiring and Motivating Others. Contrary to popular belief, there isn't just one way to be an "inspirational leader". Drawing on recent research on leadership, we look at the various qualities that can make someone an inspiration to others. These differences of course are partly subjective - what one person finds inspirational may be different from other people on their teams. However, understanding the different approaches alongside the different motivations of diverse teams can help leaders inspire and motivate others.
• Driving Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace. The way people work has changed dramatically over the last ten years, and most radically since the arrival of the Covid-19 epidemic. Being able to connect to different points of view, ideas and experiences is crucial if companies are to meet the needs of both their clients and their workforce. Unless leaders are able to manage the potential differences within their team, or even between themselves and others, they are going to struggle to succeed in a global and diverse work environment.
• Navigating Change. Any successful leader these days will have had to navigate change. Many will have had to manage resistance to change, both in themselves and others. Not only do our leadership programmes provide fresh insight and models to encourage them to continue to adapt, they also give leaders the chance to integrate their learning and improve their ability to support others through change.
• Exceptional Execution. We believe that any development programme or coaching that a company chooses to invest in must help their leaders improve the execution of their task. We ensure that the understanding, insights and tools covered on any of our programmes are combined with actionable and measurable follow-through. What really matters is what happens after they leave the session and our programmes ensure leaders are best equipped to do so.
Supporting business leaders internationally
Thanks to the wonders of technology, we provide global executive coaching. Our CEO, Thom Dennis, has extensive experience facilitating diverse and multinational groups. He has worked across the world, from Europe, South America, Africa, the US and Asia-Pacific.
Key Benefits of our leadership development coaching
Our executive coaching provides leaders with the insights and training required to develop transformational leadership. You can expect our executive coaching to:
• Equip leaders with the vital skills needed to perform at their best.
• Improve communication. This will enhance everything from winning new clients to increasing strong relationships between leaders and employees.
• Help ensure the right person gets the right role. Our coaching will provide leaders with the insights and expertise needed to delegate and promote successfully.
• Increase employee engagement, productivity and performance. Engaged employees are more-likely to view a business as a career opportunity.
• Improve the self-awareness of managers and leaders.
• Prepare and help employees during change initiatives such as mergers. We give teams the best learning tools to handle corporate transitions.
Our leadership development consulting offers a full spectrum of leadership training which can lead to happier, more motivated employees, a more successful organization culture, better performance and an increase in clients. If you want executive coaching that will really improve your company efforts and support your business for the future, contact Serenity in Leadership today.
We've partnered with InChorus to help you measure and resolve incidents of bias so that you can grow an inclusive organisation.download the pdf