Leadership DevelopmentFind out how we can help You
Professionals at the top of their field, be they a world-class quarterback, a concert pianist or a tennis champion, all use a coach to stay as sharp as possible. The same is true for business leaders – all the best have someone who helps and challenges them and shows them how to rise above their blind spots.
To help CEOs and other senior executives continue to perform at their best, we work through issues and challenges on a one-to-one basis to enable them to find their own way forward. We adapt our style and approach to suit the executive’s own personality and goals, and the specific day-to-day business decisions they face.
Leadership can be defined as a set of skills that when practised well create the willingness in others to follow, even when it's into uncertainty or perceived danger. People and society have changed a great deal in the last few years and the skills of leadership that worked well, say 10 years ago, are not those that will work best today. We understand how things have changed and the skills that can best be employed into the future.
When we meet people, they already have pre-existing behavioural patterns. The challenge is to get them to shift from one set of subconsciously operated patterns and habits to a new more effective set. We help leaders:
- Cope effectively with volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity (commonly known as VUCA)
- Develop conflict resolution strategies
- Acquire greater resilience and guide them to respond more effectively to adopt new ways of responding
For people to change, transform and grow into more effective responses to threat and discomfort in general it isn't enough for them to be told what highly effective responses look like. We have to:
- Change the way they assess a perceived threat
- Provide them with new deep response skills to discomfort, and
- Guide them through an unlearning and relearning process
How can we help?
We say one has good leadership skills, as opposed to leadership gifts, because the fundamentals of good leadership are based in hard, tangible skills that anyone is capable of learning.
“Following the coaching sessions I changed the way I worked with others, taking more of a mentoring role rather than just accepting everyone’s problems and trying to solve them. The coaching sessions had a great impact.”
To ensure everyone in your company can realise their potential at every stage of their career, we work with individuals, teams and whole departments to develop the skills they need. To do this, we design customised programmes to improve the way people communicate, manage and lead across your entire business.
“Group coaching with the senior managers of the organisation has resulted in improved performance in areas such as negotiating skills and decision making. These sessions have also contributed substantially to a cohesiveness of that team not previously enjoyed.”
For us to support your team, we would look at integrating our leadership development programme with existing frameworks, goals, values and company objectives. To do this, we would spend time working with you to tailor an impactful virtual programme that works with your business needs and structures. Having said that, there are some themes that most businesses want their leaders to be developing. These may form a five-session intervention that typically contains the following:
- The Power of Purpose. Work gives people the opportunity to fulfil their potential and people are more likely to give more of themselves when they see how their work contributes to a something bigger than themselves. Leaders who are able to not only connect to the purpose but help others see how their work contributes to making a difference are more likely to gain buy-in, particularly when faced with very challenging tasks.
- Inspiring and Motivating Others. Contrary to popular belief, there isn't just one way to be an "inspirational leader". Drawing on recent research on leadership, we look at the various qualities that can make someone an inspiration to others. These differences of course are partly subjective - what one person finds inspirational may be different from other people on their teams. However, understanding the different approaches alongside the different motivations of diverse teams can help leaders inspire and motivate others.
- Driving Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace. The way people work has changed dramatically over the last ten years, and most radically since the arrival of the Covid-19 epidemic.Being able to connect to different points of view, ideas and experiences is crucial if businesses are to meet the needs of both their customers and their workforce. Unless leaders are able to manage the potential differences within their team, or even between themselves and others, they are going to struggle to succeed in a global and diverse work environment.
- Navigating Change. Any successful leader these days will have had to navigate change. Many will have had to manage resistance to change, both in themselves and others. Not only does this programme provide fresh insight and models to encourage them to continue to adapt, it also gives leaders the chance to integrate their learning and improve their ability to support others through change.
- Exceptional Execution. We believe that any development programme that a company chooses to invest in must help their leaders improve the execution of their task. We ensure that the understanding, insights and tools covered on any of our programmes are combined with actionable and measurable follow-through. What really matters is what happens after they leave the session and our programmes ensure leaders are best equipped to do so.
- Equips managers and leaders with vital skills needed to perform at their best
- Strong communication enhances everything from winning new business to employee relations
- Helps ensure the right person gets the right role
- Increases employee engagement
- Improves self-awareness of managers and leaders
- Prepares and helps people during change initiatives such as mergers
We've partnered with InChorus to help you measure and resolve incidents of bias so that you can grow an inclusive organisation.download the pdf