People Before Profit – Wellbeing’s Seat in the Boardroom
The pace of change has quickened for many organisations as the pandemic has progressed, and many employees have re-evaluated what’s important for them. Mental Health issues have always been present, but the global circumstances of late have brought them to the fore. Individuals are now more drawn towards organisations with a clear purpose, social meaning and where a sense of belonging is prevalent – this poses a challenge for organisations rooted in traditional methods and working practices. How will you and your business leaders adapt?
In this powerful, thought-provoking keynote, Stephen Whitton, the Founder of the Global Movement for Mental Health in the Automotive Industry, shares insights, stories and anecdotes that led up to the creation of the movement. In addition, the numbers are scary;
- Poor mental health costs UK employers up to £45 billion per year...
- One in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year...
- One in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem in any given week
- CurrentSuicide rate among men = 16.9/100,000
Source –Deloitte 2020
With observations that lead to pragmatic actions, Stephen’s talk will resonate with leaders and HR Managers / Specialists, particularly of Sales or Performance-oriented organisations. But – this goes way beyond “training” managers on what to look for and how to sign-post.
In Stephen's talk, hear how;
- Self-esteem and self-confidence issues when left unresolved, can lead to a lifetime of behaviour – not all of which is positive and can negatively affect business
- Performance driven cultures have thrived on the dysfunctional element of dominant male behaviours making it a challenge to achieve diversity, inclusion, equality and gender balance.
- Suppression of emotions over many years exacerbates anxiety, pressure and can lead to despair.
- Organisations have a responsibility (at Board level) to take responsibility for Mental Health and Well-being – and what organisations can do to embrace well-being.
Have you or do you or your business….
- Put profit first over people?
- Delegate well-being to the HR department?
- Tick a box by “training” managers on what to look for?
- Lack purpose, direction or connection – Stephen will share his 5 critical success factors to help you find out.
- Wonder how best to embrace well-being and still achieve results, in a post pandemic, re-evaluated world?
Here's a recording of Stephen's talk: